*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- ¼ pound bulk breakfast sausage*
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small russet potato*, baked, chopped into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach*
- 2 large eggs*
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese*
- freshly ground pepper
- Cook sausage over medium-high heat in an 8 inch cast iron skillet until browned. Add oil in needed. Add potatoes and cook until browned. Add spinach, toss until wilted.
- Make 2 wells in the center of the hash. Crack one egg into each well. Reduce heat to medium and cook until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook until cheese is melted and egg whites are completely set. Garnish with pepper.
Options: add onions, crispy bacon.