Market Adds Diverse Ready-to-eat Meals at Hospitality Tent
Argentine empanadas, seafood raw bar selections, BBQ chicken, vegan specialties, French pastries, waffles on a stick, and yogurt parfaits are just some of the choices customers can enjoy when Saratoga Farmers’ Market opens its new hospitality tent Saturday, June 15th, during regular market hours.
Seven vendors of ready-to-eat foods, offering a range of cuisine and including breakfast and lunch selections, will be at the market every Saturday for the outdoor season, which finishes at the end of October. Also located in the tent will be Battenkill Valley Creamery, the market’s popular purveyor of milk and other dairy products. The tent is sponsored by Allerdice Party Rent All of Saratoga Springs.
“We selected our Saturday prepared-food vendors based on the diversity of their menu offerings, which ranges from savory to sweet and spans several culinary styles,” notes Charles Holub, president of Saratoga Farmers’ Market Association. “High Rock Park is a wonderful downtown setting for people to linger with friends and family, and this new hospitality tent will provide additional options for ready-to-eat food at the market, as well as several tables where customers can sit down and relax.”
The vendors at the tent, who are exempt from the market’s normal rules on geographic location and agricultural production, will be offering a variety of selections including:
- Ana’s Empanadas (Rutland, VT): Argentine-style empanada turnovers, filled with locally-raised meats, vegetables and cheeses
- Good Morning Café (Ballston Spa): grilled cheese-tomato-basil on Rock Hill Bakehouse bread, vegetable hash, yogurt parfaits, homemade granola
- Lollie Waffles (Gansevoort): made-to-order waffles on a stick, with chocolate-hazelnut sauce, local maple syrup, or powdered sugar
- Mrs. Londons (Saratoga Springs): assorted pastries and baguette sandwiches
- Pura Vida Fisheries/Moby Rick’s (Saratoga Springs): crab cakes, fish n chips, raw bar
- Sunset Farm (Fort Ann): chicken BBQ, burgers, sausage with peppers and onions
- Vital Eats (Salem): vegan/vegetarian salads, soups and wraps
These vendors complement other very popular meal offerings at the market, including burritos and smoothies by Funky Fresh Foods, egg breakfast sandwiches by M&A Farm, and beverages by Something’s Brewing.