Recipe by Rian Handler, featured on delish.com
Makes 4 – 6 servings
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: approximately 4 hrs
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 4 c. assorted apples* (Granny Smith, Honeycrisp), peeled and chopped
● 1/3 c. water
● 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
● 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
● 1 tsp. cinnamon*
1. Preheat oven to 175°. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment and lightly grease with cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, add apples, water, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, then simmer until apples begin to break down and liquid is mostly evaporated for about 15 minutes.
3. Transfer to a food processor and blend until very smooth. Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake until dried out and no longer sticky, about 3 to 4 hours.
4. Using scissors or a paring knife, cut leather into vertical strips and roll up.