Recipe by Serious Eats, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
Total time: 1 hour 30 min
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● ½ cups plus 1 Tablespoon sugar, divided
● 5 large egg yolks*
● ½ cup plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, divided
● 2 teaspoons lemon zest
● 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
● 1 cup fresh blueberries*, plus extra for garnish
● 1 cup chilled heavy cream*
● ¼ cups plain Greek yogurt*
1. Whisk ½ cup sugar and yolks in a small saucepan until combined. Whisk in ½ cup lemon juice, zest, and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring until curd is thickened and just beginning to come to a boil. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until cold, about 1 hour.
2. Place 1 cup blueberries and the remaining 1 Tablespoon sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, gently mashing, until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and let cool completely before using.
3. Whip cream to soft peaks. Fold yogurt and ½ of lemon curd into the cream. Spoon lemon cream into glasses, alternating with remaining lemon curd and blueberry compote. Gently swirl with a skewer or chopstick. Top with fresh blueberries and serve chilled.