Blueberry Freezer Jam Recipe
Adapted from author Amy Johnson
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: about 3 cups
• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons (.875 ounces) no-sugar-needed fruit pectin (like Sure.Jell in the pink box)
1. Place blueberries, lemon juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Use a potato masher or flat bottom glass to mash the berries. Don’t worry if you don’t have them all mashed. Mash them as well as you can.
2. Bring berries, juice and cinnamon to a boil.
3 . Add granulated sugar; return to a boil. Continue to boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in pectin, bring to a full boil and boil hard for 1 minute. Only 1 minute. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer to canning jars or freezer containers leaving ½-inch space at top. Seal jars/containers. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
6. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 6 months.
This recipe is for a small batch. Easily double the recipe if needed.