Adapted from the recipe by Sula of sulaandspice.com
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Makes 4 servings
*Ingredients available at the farmers’ market
- 1 lb butternut squash*
- 2 russet potatoes*
- 1 large shallot*
- 4 oz baby spinach*
- 1 small carrot chopped*
- 1 small onion chopped*
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth*
- 8 oz light cream
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and cube the butternut squash and potatoes. Peel the shallot and slice thinly. Chop the spinach coarsely.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high and add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. Add potato, squash, and shallot. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Add mirepoix (carrot, celery, and onion) then broth, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover the pan and reduce heat to medium. Simmer until potato and squash are done (test by piercing with a knife).
- Stir in cream, spinach, and seasoned salt. Bring back to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. (If too thick, add a little water until the desired consistency is reached)