Adapted from recipe by Williams Sonoma, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
• ½ pound cauliflower florets (about 1 cup)*
• 1 cup cottage cheese
• 4 eggs*
• ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• pinch of cayenne pepper
• ¼ cup all purpose flour
• 1 cup shredded smoked Gruyere cheese or Gouda cheese*
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray four 1 cup ramekins with cooking spray and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a steamer basket set over simmering water on the stove top, steam the cauliflower until just tender, 10 minutes. Drain and chop it into ¼ inch pieces.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the cottage cheese, eggs, nutmeg, and cayenne. Add salt and pepper as desired. Gently fold in the chopped cauliflower. Sprinkle the flour on top and using a rubber spatula, fold it in. Stir in half the cheese. Divide the mixture among the ramekins and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.