Recipe by Friends of the Market, adapted by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts*
- 1 sweet potato*, cleaned, peeled,and diced
- 1 garlic clove*, unpeeled
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup maple syrup*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the butter into a roasting pan and melt in the oven. When butter is melted, swirl to coat the bottom of the pan and place the chicken, potatoes, and garlic clove into the pan. Sprinkle with pepper, turn the chicken, potatoes, and garlic to coat with butter.
- Bake in the preheated about 40 minutes, basting 3 times with pan drippings. Brush maple syrup over the chicken and spoon pan drippings over the potatoes.
- Return to the oven and bake until the chicken and potatoes are tender and browned about 20 more minutes.
- To serve, squeeze the garlic from the baked cloves and spread the soft garlic over the chicken. Pour pan juices over the chicken and potatoes.
The original recipe calls for 6 Yukon gold potatoes and 6 chicken leg quarters, split into drumsticks and thighs. Also the recipe calls for much more garlic cloves.
Calories: 501 Fat: 26 g Saturated fat: 15 g Carbohydrates: 40 g Sugar: 29 g (25 added) Sodium: 468 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 27 g Cholesterol: 144 mg