Corn Chowder Salad
Adapted from Beekman 1802, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 3 slices of bacon cut crosswise into ½ inch pieces
• 1 yellow potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
• 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds discarded, cut into 2 inch pieces
• 6 ears of corn, shucked and kernels scraped from cob with knife (3 cups)
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel to drain. Measure the fat remaining in the skillet. You need 2 Tablespoons, add olive oil to make up the difference.
2. Add the potato to the skillet and cook, tossing occasionally until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally until the pepper and potato are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Add the corn and cook until hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Add the onion, cherry tomatoes, and vinegar. Season with pepper and stir to combine.
3. Serve warm or at room temperature.