Recipe by Val Hernández, owner of Cookie Lab Confections
Blueberry compote recipe
Makes 1 ½ cups of blueberry compote
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- 1 ½ teaspoon of all-purpose flour
- ½ lemon, freshly juiced
- 1 ¾ cup fresh blueberries* (pick up some of your favorites from the Saratoga Farmer’s Market!)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt (kosher salt is our go-to!)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk lemon juice and flour.
- Toss blueberries, granulated sugar, and salt, and the lemon mixture to evenly coat blueberries.
- On medium-high heat, bring the blueberry mixture to a boil, stirring it occasionally, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, just as blueberries start to blister.
- Remove from heat and cool completely (24 hours or at least an hour in the fridge) before enjoying it with Cookie Lab’s Cornbread cookies!
Ways to enjoy blueberry compote with cornbread cookies:
- Pick up one of our Cornbread cookies (or two) and make a Blueberry Compote cookie sandwich to enjoy after dinner or to start off your day with something sweet!
- In a small bowl, serve yourself some fresh Blueberry Compote, break Cookie Lab’s Cornbread cookie into quarter pieces (or smaller if you’d like) and enjoy with a spoon!