Recipe adapted from David Tanis’s Ginger, Cucumber, Carrot, and Cabbage Slaw
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
* Ingredients found at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and julienned *
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned *
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage *
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage *
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro *
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger
- Juice of 1 large lime
Put the cucumber, carrot, and cabbage in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Add the ginger and lime juice, then toss again. Let the vegetables marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Note: Julienned means cut into short, thin strips.