Adapted from recipe by American Lamb
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 ½ hrs
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
- 6 to 7 pounds lamb leg, trimmed of visible fat*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 medium red potatoes*
- 8 rosemary sprigs*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup apricot jam*
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
1. Coat potatoes with oil and place around edge of roasting pan. Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt. Place rack in pan and arrange lamb roast on rack. Season lamb with salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 325ºF.
2. Combine jam, mustard seeds and thyme. Halfway through roasting, baste lamb with jam mixture.
3. Roast to desired degree of doneness. When lamb is done, cover and allow to stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with roasted potatoes.