A cheese plate is a perfect approach to entertaining and snacking. Simply assemble a variety of textures and flavors to showcase local food available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market.
- Kunik by Nettle Meadow
- Fig & Honey Fromage Frais by Nettle Meadow
- Honeycomb from Ballston Lake Apiaries
- Pecorina al Tartufo by Dancing Ewe
- Glory (yogurt cheese) by Argyle Cheese Farmer
- Wild Frost Grape Jelly by Anna Mae’s Jams & Jellies
- Baguette from Mrs. London’s
- Semolina bread from Murray Hollow Bakehouse
- Rosemary & Olive crackers by Saratoga Cracker Co.
- Plums from Saratoga Apple
- Giardiniera by Puckers Pickles
- Ginger Cayenne Cookies from The Chocolate Spoon.
- Scarborough Fair Hummus by Freddy’s Rockin’ Hummus
Selecting the cheese and accompaniments
- Introduce a combination local cheeses from these basic categories: aged, firm, soft, blue.
- Offer a selection of slices of bread, including crusty and soft.
- Jarred condiments offer complimentary flavors. Try jams, jellies, fermented vegetables, and hummus.
- Seasonal fruits balance the cheeses.