Recipe by Argyle Cheese Farmer, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 1 Tablespoon butter*
● ¼ cup chopped onion*
● 1 Tablespoon flour
● 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
● dash cayenne pepper
● dash garlic powder
● 1 cup milk*
● ½ pound Amazing Grace Cheese* (from Argyle Cheese Farmer but your favorite sharp cheddar will work)
● 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
1. In a sauce pan melt butter, cook onion until tender. Stir in flour, mustard, cayenne pepper, garlic powder.
2. Add milk and cook, stirring until thickened. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add cooked macaroni to cheese sauce.
3. Put in 1 quart casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees from 20 minutes or more. Top should be golden and starting to brown.
In a food processor add buttery crackers and process until crumbs. Sprinkle ¼ cup over the casserole along with a little grated cheese.