Author: Eating Well
Shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
• 5 pounds delicata squash*
• 4 shallots, quartered lengthwise*
• 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil*
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• ½ cup honey*
• ½ cup cider vinegar*
• ½ cup pomegranate seeds
• ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
• ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped*
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Halve squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices. Toss the squash slices and shallots with oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets.
3. Roast, turning each pieces over halfway through, until squash is tender and caramelized in spots, 30-40 minutes. Transfer the squash and shallots to a serving platter.
4. A few minutes before serving, combine honey, vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a lively simmer and cook, watching closely toward the end, until reduced to about ½ cup, 5 to 8 minutes. Immediately drizzle the syrup over the squash. Serve topped with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and mint.