Adapted from Alexandra’s Kitchen, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
• 2 slices hearty bread*
• 2 Tablespoons softened butter
• 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
• grainy honey mustard or Dijon mustard*
• 3 slices of sharp cheddar cheese*
• slices of tart, green apples (like Granny Smith)*
1. Heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan to medium.
2. Stir together the mayonnaise and butter in a small bowl. Spread one side of each piece of bread with this mixture. On the other side of one slice, spread mustard, then one slice of cheese, apples, then another slice of cheese. Top with the second buttered slice.
3. Fry on both sides until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted and golden, 2 to 4 minutes a side.