By Pattie Garrett of My Saratoga Kitchen Table. Adapted from the recipe by Half Baked Harvest.
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
Cinnamon Toast Brioche Crumbs:
● 4 slices brioche bread, pulsed into fine crumbs (about 2 cups of crumbs)
● 4 tablespoons salted butter*, melted
● 2 to 5 tablespoons cinnamon sugar to your taste, plus more for serving
Browned Butter Grilled Peaches:
● 4 tablespoons salted butter*
● 2 tablespoons honey*
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon*
● 4 ripe, but firm peaches or nectarines, halved with pit removed
● vanilla ice cream for serving
- To make the cinnamon toast crumbs: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a bowl, toss the breadcrumbs, butter, and cinnamon sugar. Spread onto the sheet pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until toasted. Watch closely to prevent burning.
- To make the browned butter: Add the butter to a skillet set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown until it smells toasted and is a deep golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir often. Remove from the heat and transfer the butter to a heatproof bowl. Stir in honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. The butter can be used immediately or cooled completely and stored up to one week. Serve at room temperature.
- To grill the peaches: Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush the grates with oil. Grill the fruit for 2 to 3 minutes or until char marks appear, flip and grill another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the grill and immediately drizzle each peach half with browned butter. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon toast crumbs.