Recipe by Lindsey Johnson and featured on www.helloglow.com
This salve made from calendula and lavender rejuvenates dry or burned skin. Stop by one of many booths selling herb plants and harvests at the Wednesday and Saturday markets.
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 3 oz olive oil*
● 2 ounces of coconut oil
● 1 tablespoon lavender buds*
● 1 tablespoon dried calendula petals*
● 2 ounces beeswax*
● 2 ounces shea butter
● Glass measuring cup
● Pan of simmering water
● Fine mesh strainer
● Glass jar
- Gently heat coconut and olive oils in a glass measuring cup in the microwave or place it in a small pan of simmering water.
- Add the dried calendula petals and lavender buds. Let stand for 30-60 minutes then strain. (Warm again if it’s too thick to strain.)
- Place the infused oil back into the measuring cup and add the beeswax. Melt again either in the microwave or in the pan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and add the shea butter. It will melt quickly. Stir well to combine and let cool slowly.
- Pour into a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid. Let cool completely before using. The salve keeps for several months. Use as often as needed.