Adapted from the recipe by The Pioneer Woman, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
Serves: 1¼ gallons
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
● 1 gallon apple cider*
● 3 granny smith apples*
● 1 orange
● 1 Tablespoon allspice berries
● 5-7 cinnamon sticks
● ½ cup fresh cranberries
● ½ cup sugar
● 1 cup apple brandy* or other preferred alcohol beverage* (optional)
● 1 packet Mulling Spices mix from Healthy Gourmet Kitchen or Muddy Trail Jerky*
1. Pour the apple cider into a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Dice the apples and toss them into the cider.
3. Peel the rind off the orange in large pieces and toss them in the cider.
4. Add the allspice berries, cinnamon sticks, and the cranberries.
5. Add sugar and stir it around to dissolve.
6. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes to
1 hour. Add the brandy if using, then simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.