Adapted from the recipe featured on www.damndelicious.com
Total time: 30 minutes
*Ingredients available at the farmers’ market
● 5 tablespoons unsalted butter*, divided
● 1 clove garlic*, minced
● 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley* leaves
● 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme* leaves
● 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
● Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
● 2 (1 1/2-inch) thick New York strip steak*
● 1 shallot*, minced
● 1 pound fresh asparagus*, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
● 8 ounces mushrooms* (we used Namekos), sliced
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, garlic, parsley, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Season steaks (room temperature) with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Place the steaks in the middle of the skillet and cook until a dark crust has formed, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until desired doneness; set aside and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add shallot, asparagus, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender and browned and asparagus is crisp-tender and bright green, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with steaks and butter mixture.