Our twice-weekly outdoor market at the pavilions at High Rock Park resumes on May 1. In addition to shopping with roughly 50 vendors, here are the other features planned for opening week at the market:
Wednesday, May 1, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Featured Vendor: Each Wednesday market this season will bring a special focus on one of the market’s vendors. Kicking off the series, Mister Edge Sharpening owner Craig Richard will provide free sharpening of a paring knife (one per customer) and tips on keeping household blades of all sorts in top-notch shape (knives, mowers, garden tools, etc.)
- Market Bistro: M & A Farm, popular for its egg sandwiches at the Saturday market, will offer a grilled special featuring market items
- Live music: Tom McWatters, a solo musician who plays acoustic guitar and piano
Saturday, May 4, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 9:00 a.m. – Ribbon-cutting at main pavilion, with introduction of new farms and vendors
- Live music: Running the River, a four-piece band playing rock, folk, blues, country and more
Three New Farms/Vendors
Three new vendors at the Saratoga outdoor market this year are:
- Zest Catering, run by Carla and Eric Kuchar of Mechanicville, selling a variety of baked goods, savory tarts, pierogi, and ready-made meals (Wednesday markets only)
- Quincy Farm, a sustainable vegetable farm using organic methods and located in Easton, operated by the husband-and-wife team of Luke Deikis and Cara Fraver (Saturdays only)
- The Chocolate Spoon, a Saratoga Springs home-based bakery run by Marcie Place, offering a unique variety of cookies, teacakes, and other treats (Saturdays and Wednesdays)