Adapted from recipe featured in Saveur
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
• 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter*
• 2 pounds mixed mushrooms (Pioppino, Oyster, and Cinnamon caps mushrooms) cut or torn into bite size pieces*
• 1 Tablespoons roughly chopped thyme, plus more for garnish*
• 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed*
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 pound pappardelle or favorite pasta
• 1 cup ricotta*
• ¼ cup toasted walnut pieces
• honey for drizzling*
1. Melt butter in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high, working in batches, cook mushrooms, 1 Tablespoon thyme, garlic, salt and pepper until mushrooms are golden, 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large sauce pan of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until ad dente. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup water. Add pasta, water, half the ricotta, walnuts, salt and pepper to skillet and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with remaining ricotta and thyme. Drizzle with honey.
Notes: Other mushroom to use include: chanterelles, cremini, porcini