Rainbow Summer Vegetable Salad
Adapted from Eating Well
* Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
• 1/3 cup cider vinegar *
• 2 teaspoon honey *
• 1 small clove garlic, minced *
• ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
• 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes *
• ½ medium cucumber, halved, seeded, and sliced thin *
• ½ medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced thin (use both for color) *
• ½ medium sweet onion *
• Kernels from 2 ears of corn *
• 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill or basil *
Whisk vinegar, honey, garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, onion and corn. Stir well to combine. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, before serving. Garnish with dill or basil.
Nutrition Facts: 52 calories, Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 11 g, Sugar 7 g, Added Sugar 3 g, Protein 2 g, Fiber 2 g, Sodium 149 mg.