Adapted from Bon Appetit, Shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
• 2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into 3 inch pieces*
• 2 large red onions, each cut through root end into 8 wedges*
• 1 fennel bulb, cut into ½ inch wedges*
• 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided*
• 2 Tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
• 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, coarsely chopped
• pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• 2 Tablespoons red wine*
• 1 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tablespoons torn mint leaves*
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and onions and fennel on another rimmed baking sheet. Leave plenty of room so the vegetables’ edges brown. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of oil. Roast, tossing occasionally until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes for carrots and 35-45 minutes for onions and fennel. Let cool.
• Cook sunflower seeds, coriander seeds, crushed pepper, paprika and remaining 2 Tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until oil is gently bubbling around seed and spices are fragrant (be careful not to burn) about 2 minutes. Let cool. Stir in vinegar and lemon juice.
• Combine roasted carrots, fennel, and onions in a bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over and toss to coat. Transfer to platter. Top with mint.
Calories: 135 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 15 g Sodium: 94 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 2 g Cholesterol: 0