Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes
(Recipe by Sandy Perryman)
* Ingredients available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Markets
• 10 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1-2 inch cubes *
• 2-3 large garlic cloves, chopped *
• 1 onion, chopped *
• 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil *
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 3 tablespoons olive oil. *
1. Place cut tomatoes in a roasting pan.
2. Top with garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
3. Pour olive oil over top and toss until combined.
4. Roast at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
5. Remove excess liquid and save for soup stock or tomato sauce.
6. Roast for an additional 30 minutes.
Enjoy over pasta, crunchy bread, or any other way that you would use tomatoes.