Adapted from recipe by Martha Rose Shulman featured in New York Times Cooking
Serves 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 minutes
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon local honey*
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil*
- ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt*
- 2 large carrots (about 8 ounces)*
- 6 radishes*
- ¼ medium red cabbage (about 1/2 pound)*
- 2 apples, preferably tart ones, quartered and cored*
- 1 to 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, mustard, oil, and yogurt.
- Shred the carrot, radishes, cabbage, and apples. I use a food processor for this, but you can also use a box grater, and for the cabbage, you can use a chef’s knife. Toss immediately with the dressing. Serve topped with crumbled feta if desired.
Cooking Notes: For advance preparation, this will keep for 4 or 5 days in the refrigerator.