Adapted from the recipe featured on Damndelicious.net
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- ½ pound mushrooms* of your choice, sliced
- 1 ½ pounds yellow potatoes*, quartered
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1¼ -inch-thick New York strip steaks*
- 1 ½ tablespoons steak seasoning*
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until just tender and parboiled, about 3-5 minutes; drain well. Return to pot and cook on low heat, stirring often, until potatoes are very dry.
- Place potatoes and mushrooms in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons butter and rosemary; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp, stirring halfway.
- Place a cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry; season with steak seasoning.
- Remove skillet from the oven and heat over medium-high heat.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Place the steaks in the middle of the skillet and cook until a dark crust has formed, about 4-6 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until desired doneness. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with potatoes and mushrooms, garnished with rosemary, if desired.