Adapted from the recipe by Barefeet in the Kitchen, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- 8 ounces freshly cut pasta*, fettuccine, pappardelle or ravioli
- ½ small red onion*, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces, about ¼ cup
- 3 large garlic cloves*, minced
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil*
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach*
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes*, halved
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese*
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, but do not rinse the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the onions and garlic in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and vinegar to cover the onions. When the pasta has been drained, add it to the mixing bowl and toss well. Add the spinach and tomatoes.
- Toss everything together to mix well and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Add your favorite seasonal herbs, vegetables, or meat: basil, mushrooms, sausage, bacon, anything goes!