Mark has provided a recipe for an easy summer appetizer, bruschetta, which begins with one of his baguettes. The rest of the ingredients can be purchased at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
• 5 chopped tomatoes
• 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
• 10 finely chopped basil leaves
• A dash each of parsley, oregano, and salt & pepper
• 3 tablespoons of butter
• 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
1. Mix above ingredients in small bowl.
2. Slice baguette and place pieces on baking sheet.
3. Melt butter and garlic and brush over baguette slices.
4. Broil bread for 1-2 minutes.
5. Spoon the mixture on warm bread and enjoy!