Adapted from the recipe by Alyssa Rivers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 1 tablespoon olive oil*
● 1 red bell pepper*, sliced
● 1 yellow bell pepper*, sliced
● 1 cup sugar snap peas*
● 1 cup carrots*, sliced
● 1 cup mushrooms*, sliced
● 1 cup zucchini* or yellow summer squash*, sliced
● 2 cups broccoli*
● 2 cups bok choy*
● ¼ cup soy sauce
● 3 garlic cloves*, minced
● 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
● 1 teaspoon sesame oil
● 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
● 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Optional: chopped green onions* and sesame seeds for garnish
1. In a wok or large skillet, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, peas, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, and bok choy. Sauté 2-3 minutes until veggies are almost tender.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, chicken or vegetable broth, and cornstarch.
3. Pour over veggies and cook until the sauce has thickened. Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
● Customize your stir fry by adding in protein. Chicken, pork, shrimp, and beef are all available at the farmers’ market.
● Make your stir fry with seasonal vegetables: asparagus, bean sprouts, cauliflower, tomatoes, and corn all make delicious additions.
● Spice it up by adding crushed red pepper flakes or sriracha.
● Serve over brown or white rice, noodles, ramen, lo mein, zoodles, or wilted greens.