Recipe provided by Sarah Avery, DPT, PYT, RYT-200, Founder of Moon Cycle Seed Company
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● ½ onion*
● 1 lb mushroom* of choice, stems removed and chopped
● 2-3 TBSP coconut oil
● 1 TBSP Golden Turmeric Moon Milk Powder*
● 4 carrots* peeled and sliced thin
● 1 lb collard greens* roughly chopped stems removed
● 1-2 Quarts water
● Garnish with goat cheese*
● Garish with parsley*
1. In a soup pot saute onion and mushrooms in coconut oil. When they begin to brown add the golden Turmeric powder, stir until spices become fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add carrots and collard greens; stir to coat with the oil and spices.
2. Cover vegetables with water. Bring to a boil on high heat. Lower heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender.
3. Garnish with Goat Cheese and Parsley if desired.