Recipe by Pork & Greens
Makes 4 servings
This one-dish salad is easily customizable with seasonal ingredients and your favorite flavor of pork bacon. This salad also works well using any fresh salad greens and crumbled sausage.
- ½ lb bacon*, chopped
- 12 oz. spinach*, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar* (or lemon juice)
- Optional: 2-3 oil-packed anchovy fillets and 1 Tbs capers
- 1/2 oz. radish microgreens*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- a few tablespoons of fresh herbs*
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp and browned. Remove from the pan and chop into pieces. Do not drain off the fat, as this becomes the dressing!
- Turn off heat. Stir in the anchovies and capers. Whisk in the vinegar. Add spinach. Stir until greens are wilted, do not over-cook.
- Season with salt, pepper, radish microgreens, and herbs. Serve on a platter or right out of the skillet.
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market