Adapted from the recipe by King Arthur Flour, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
Serves: 8 to 10
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
For the cake:
● 3 large eggs*
● heaping ½ cup sugar
● 6 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
● 1 cup small curd cottage cheese (or part-skim ricotta)
● 1 cup plain Greek yogurt*
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● ¾ cup all-purpose flour
● ½ teaspoon salt
● 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
● 1½ cups fresh blueberries*
For the glaze:
● 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
● zest from 1 lemon
● juice from ½ lemon
● 1 Tablespoon plain Greek yogurt*
● ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-inch round cake pan that is at least 2 inches deep.
2. Beat together the eggs and sugar until smooth.
3. Add the butter, cottage (or ricotta cheese), yogurt, and vanilla to the eggs mixture. Beat until well combined.
4. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, to the egg/cheese mixture stirring to combine.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and scatter the blueberries evenly over the top.
6. Bake the cake for about 50 minutes, until the tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.
7. Remove the cake from the oven. Let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes to firm.
8. Whip together the confectioner’s sugar, zest, juice, yogurt, and vanilla. Adjust liquid for the desired consistency.
9. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.