Recipe adapted from Craft Beering
Yield: 6 portions
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 8 oz camembert*, cut in small pieces (or other soft, ripe cheese)
● 8 oz spreadable cheese*, any kind
● ⅓ cup butter, cut in small pieces
● 2 ½ tsp paprika
● 2 tsp ground caraway seed
● Salt and pepper, to taste
● ¼ cup Sixteen Days Oktoberfest beer* (or other lager or pilsner)
● ⅓ cup shallots*, finely diced
● 2 Tbsp + 1 handful scallions*, finely chopped
1. Bring the camembert, spreadable cheese, and butter to room temperature.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the two cheeses, butter, paprika, caraway seeds, salt and pepper, and 2 Tbsp of beer and press using a fork until well mixed together. Add more beer until you reach a spread-like, but not runny, consistency.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to firm up.
4. When you are ready to serve, take the dip out of the refrigerator. Run the diced shallots under water in a strainer and dry off with a paper towel before using. Add the shallots and 2 Tbsp of scallions to the dip and fold until they are well incorporated.
5. Garnish with the rest of the scallions. Serve with pretzels, radishes, or rye bread.