Recipe by Karlynn Johnston
Makes 6 servings
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 1 hr 35 min (plus 1hr of resting time in the oven with oven off)
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
- 1 4-pound beef bottom round roast*
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary*
- 1 tablespoon garlic*, minced
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Pat the bottom round roast dry with paper towels to allow the butter mixture to stick.
- Place the roast in an oven-safe skillet. Combine butter, rosemary, and minced garlic. Spread the mixture by hand over the roast covering as much as possible.
- Place the roast in the oven, close the door, and reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F.
- Roast for 7 minutes per pound, then turn the oven off completely (keeping the door closed).
- After 1 hour, turn the oven on to 200 degrees F and cook for approximately 1 hour or until the internal temperature of your roast reaches your desired temperature (rare, medium, etc.)