Recipe by American Lamb, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 3 Tablespoons olive oil
● 4 garlic cloves, chopped
● 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary*, minced
● 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
● zest from 1 lemon
● ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
● ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
● 2 pounds lamb chops* (4 chops)
● 1 pound cherry tomatoes*, on vine or skewered
● 1 teaspoon plus 1 Tablespoon olive oil
For the salad:
● 5 ounces baby arugula*
● 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
● 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into small cubes
1. For marinade: Combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season the chops with salt. Place the chops in a shallow dish. Rub the marinade into the chops to coat evenly on all sides. Cover loosely and marinade at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Rub the tomatoes with 1 teaspoon of oil and sprinkle them with a pinch of salt.
3. Allow the excess marinade to drip off the chops and place on a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the tomatoes around the perimeter of the pan. Cover and cook, turning the chops once until nicely charred on both sides and it reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees. Cook the tomatoes until blistered and lightly charred.
4. Transfer the grilled chops and tomatoes to a large platter and cover loosely with foil to rest.
5. For the salad: In a large bowl, toss the arugula with remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil, vinegar, and salt. Mound the salad in the center of a serving platter and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Arrange the chops and tomatoes on the salad. Serve immediately.
The original recipe grills the lamb chops on a gas grill.