Adapted from the recipe by Edible Capital District, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Items currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion*, finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh spinach*, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese*
- 6 large egg whites*
- 1 large egg*
- ⅓ cup fat-free, no added salt, cottage cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add fresh spinach, a handful at a time, and toss until wilted and set aside. Repeat until all spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly in prepared pie plate. Top with spinach mixture.
- Whisk together egg whites, egg, cottage cheese, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.