Recipe courtesy of Lewis Waite Farm
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- 1 pack of Chorizo Sausage Links*
- 1 onion*, sliced
- 5 cups stock
- 2 carrots*, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup uncooked pasta or rice
- 1 clove garlic*, chopped
- Parsley or cilantro*, chop finely
- 4-6 leaves of kale* torn to bite size
- In a Dutch oven, on medium heat, sauté onions with a little oil, until soft.
- Cut the sausage links into 1” length chunks and add to the onions. Stir frequently until the exterior of the sausage is browned.
- Add garlic and carrots, cover and let sit (called sweating) for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Add grain or pasta and simmer until soft. Timing on this will vary quite a bit depending on the grain chosen.
- Prior to serving, add the kale and parsley and let them wilt, but do not overcook. Salt & pepper to taste.