Adapted from the recipe by M&A Farm
Prep & cook time: 15 min
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- 4 large eggs*
- 4 egg whites*
- 2 TBSP milk*
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp pepper, divided
- 1 cup mushrooms* of choice, sliced
- 1 cup kale*, chopped
- 1 cup bacon*, cooked and chopped
- ½ tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley leaves (reserve some for garnish)
- ½ cup chevre* (or another soft cheese*), crumbled into tiny pieces
- Preheat broiler and place top rack 4-5” from the element. Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, ¼ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper and set aside.
- On the stovetop, melt butter over medium-high heat in an iron skillet. Add vegetables and saute until they begin to soften for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the bacon, thyme, half of the parsley, 1/4 tsp salt, a pinch of pepper, and cook stirring for 1 more minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and stir to evenly spread the veggies around. Let it cook, about 3-4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Place skillet under the broiler until eggs are slightly puffed and cheese begins to bubble and brown, 3-4 minutes. Watch carefully. Remove from the over, slide frittata onto a serving platter. Garnish with remaining parsley. Slice and serve.