Recipe shared by Squashville Farm
Makes 2 large omelets
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
● 2 goose eggs* (can substitute 4 duck eggs* or six chicken eggs*)
● 1 small onion or scallion*, minced
● 1 cup mushrooms*, diced
● 1/2 cup pea shoots*
● 2 oz. feta cheese*
● olive oil or butter
● salt and pepper
1. Gently break goose eggs into a bowl and whisk yolks and whites together.
2. Heat olive butter in a skillet and saute onion and mushrooms until lightly browned. Turn off heat and add cheese and pea shoots.
3. Gently heat an omelet pan or flat skillet. Add a little bit of olive oil or butter.
4. Spoon half the egg mixture into the omelet pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, gently moving skillet so that egg sets into a thin circle. Use a spatula to keep ends from sticking to pan.
5. Add half the vegetable and cheese mixture to one half side of the omelet. Gently flip the other half over the mixture to form a half moon shape.
6. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, before using spatula to place omelet onto plate. Serve with additional cheese, pea shoots, and/or salsa if desired.