Recipe courtesy of The Country Corner Cafe
*Ingredients available at the farmers’ market
- ¼ brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups dried fruit and nuts, any combination
- 3 cups quick oats (not instant)
- Toppings: maple syrup or homemade jam
- Bring 1 quart of water to a rolling boil.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, and dried fruit and nuts to the water.
- Then fold in quick oats, cover, and turn off heat.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and chill overnight
- Slice and “pan fry” and top with maple syrup or our homemade jam. Enjoy!