Recipe courtesy of My Saratoga Kitchen Table
Makes 4 to 6 servings
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil*
- 1 onion*, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups of peeled, diced tomatoes*
- 1 medium zucchini*, chopped
- 1 cup green beans*
- 2 cloves garlic*, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ears of corn*, kernels cut off the cob
- ½ cup fresh basil*, chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese*, optional
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and a pinch on salt. Sauté for 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, and garlic with more salt the pepper. Add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Stir in the corn, basil, and cheese (optional). Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Enjoy!