Adapted from Classic Deviled Eggs by Alex Witchel for NYT Cooking
Prep time & cook time: 45 min
Yield: 12 halves
*Ingredients available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
- 6 large eggs*
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons Puckers Gourmet Masabacha*
- Paprika, for garnish
- Lettuce greens or microgreens*
- Whole fresh chives, avocado, or more Masabacha*, for additional garnishes
- Rinse eggs with warm water, and place in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water, place the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 10-12 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and peel. Cool in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for 15 minutes.
- Halve eggs lengthwise, and carefully scoop out yolks. Place yolks in a bowl, and mash with a fork. Add mustard, Tabasco, salt, pepper and snipped chives. Stir in Pucker’s Masabacha.
- Fill each egg white with about 1½ teaspoons of the egg-yolk mixture and dust the top with paprika. Arrange in a spoke design on a platter of lettuce or microgreens; add additional garnishes as desired.