Adapted from the recipe by The Pioneer Woman, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
Makes: 1¼ gallons
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
- 1-gallon apple cider*
- 3 granny smith apples*
- 1 orange
- 1 Tablespoon allspice berries
- 5-7 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- If making without alcohol: 1 packet Mulling Spices* mix from Muddy Trail Jerky Co.
- If making with alcohol: 1 cup amber rum* or other preferred alcoholic beverage*
- Pour the apple cider into a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Dice the apples and toss them into the cider.
- Peel the rind off the orange in large pieces and toss them in the cider.
- Add the allspice berries, cinnamon sticks, cranberries, and mulling spices (if making without alcohol).
- Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Add the amber rum if using, then simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.