recipe courtesy of Jessica Arceri, Saratoga Peanut Butter Company
* Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
1 large ripe banana, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp butter, coconut oil or non-dairy butter
½ tbsp Saratoga Peanut Butter* or Almond Butter* (any variety)
½ cup rolled oats
½-1 tsp chia seed or ground flax
½ cup milk*, almond milk or other non-dairy milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Top with: ½ tbsp peanut butter*, nuts, cinnamon, pure maple syrup*
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, cook the banana and oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in ½ tbsp peanut butter, add the oats, chia, milk, spices and a pinch of salt. Whisk well until combined.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve in a bowl and top with peanut butter, nuts, cinnamon and maple syrup.