Recipe adapted from The Spruce Eats, shared by My Saratoga Kitchen Table
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 12 ounces of pasta*
● 2 teaspoons olive oil
● ½ cup onion*, minced
● 2 garlic cloves*, minced
● 10 ounces fresh spinach*, roughly chopped
● 1-ounce fresh basil, chopped
● 1 cup ricotta cheese*
● ¼ cup milk*
● freshly ground pepper
● 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese or Pecorino cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes, making sure the garlic doesn’t brown.
3. Add spinach and basil to the skillet and stir until wilted.
4. Add ricotta cheese and milk to skillet and stir well.
5. Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup or so of the cooking water.
6. Combine cooked pasta and ricotta mixture in a large bowl. If too thick, add a bit of the cooking water to the mixture.
7. Serve with freshly ground black pepper and 1 teaspoon of cheese per serving.