Adapted from the recipe by Cooking Classy
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 3 hours
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● 1/4 cup olive oil
● 1/4 cup soy sauce
● 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
● 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
● 2 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
● 1 tbsp honey*
● 2 tsp Dijon
● 1 tbsp garlic*, pressed or minced
● 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
● 1 3/4 lbs steak* or lamb*, cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
● 8 oz mushrooms* of choice, halved (unless small, keep whole)
● 3 bell peppers* (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow) cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
● 1 large onion* diced into chunks (about 1 1/4-inch)
● 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing grill grates
● Salt and freshly ground black pepper
● 10 wooden skewer sticks soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
1. For the marinade: In a mixing bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients.
2. For the kebabs: place steak or lamb into a gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over the meat then seal bag while pressing out excess air and message marinade over the meat. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate 3 – 6 hours.
3. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees (partway through preheating clean grill grates if they aren’t already clean).
4. With veggies on a cutting board, drizzle with oil and lightly toss to coat (don’t toss the onion so that it will stay in chunks for when you thread onto the skewers).
5. Sprinkle veggies evenly with salt and pepper. To assemble kebabs layer meat and veggies onto kebabs in the desired order.
6. Brush grill grates lightly with oil. Place kebabs on grill and grill until center of the meat registers about 140 – 145 degrees for medium doneness, turning kebabs occasionally, about 8 – 9 minutes. Serve warm.