Recipe provided by Sarah Avery, DPT, PYT, RYT-200, Founder of Moon Cycle Seed Company
*Ingredients currently available at the farmers’ market
● ½ lb chopped kale* stems removed
● 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
● 1 large parsnip* peeled and cubed
● 1 TBSP astringent dressing [1 TBSP Ginger Junbucha* + 1 TBSP Puckers Gourmet*
brine] ● ½ onion* diced
● ¼ cup water
1. Boil the kale until leaves turn a vibrant shade of green and strain.
2. In a separate pot, add the diced sweet potatoes with just enough water to cover them. Add the salt and boil until soft. Remove from heat and strain.
3. Saute onion in water for thirty seconds. Then add cooked sweet potatoes and kale. Mix gently to avoid breaking up the soft sweet potatoes.
4. Drain off excess water, place in a serving dish, and toss gently with Astringent Dressing.
5. If this seems a little too bland for your taste, try a drizzle of Saratoga Garlic Company’s Aiolis (I love a touch of the Curry Aioli with this recipe!).