Recipe by Kelley Taylor at R.S. Taylor & Sons Brewery Kitchen, shared by Hebron Valley Veal
Makes 15, 2” meatballs, serves 4-6
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
● 2 lbs Hebron Valley ground Rose Veal*
● 2 eggs*
● ¾ cup fresh flatleaf parsley*, finely chopped, divided (reserve ¼ cup)
● 1 ½ lemons, juice and zest, divided (reserve juice of ½ a lemon)
● ¾ cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
● 3 large garlic cloves*, minced
● ½ cup grated Romano cheese*
● 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
● 2 tablespoons brine from capers
● 3 tablespoons white wine*
● 1 tablespoon salt
● 1 tablespoon freshly-ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place all ingredients in a large bowl (reserving the juice of ½ a lemon and ¼ cup parsley) and knead thoroughly with clean hands until everything is evenly mixed and distributed.
2. Roll meat mixture into 2” balls and nestle them together – slightly touching, in a straight- sided 9”x12” baking or casserole dish.
3. Roast the meatballs for 30-35 minutes until cooked through and browned on top. Remove baking dish from the oven, sprinkle the tops with reserved parsley and squeezed reserved half lemon over the meatballs. Serve immediately on top of a creamy risotto, hearty polenta, or a bed of sauteed spinach and garlic.