Adapted from How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman, shared by Elihu Farm
*Ingredients currently available at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market
● 1 pound boneless sirloin lamb* (or whole boneless sirloin roast*, or a boneless half shoulder*)
● ½ cup soy sauce
● ¼ cup water
● ⅛ teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
● 4 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter*
● 1 Tablespoon garlic*, minced
● 2 teaspoons ginger, grated or minced
● 1 Tablespoon lime or lemon juice
● 20 bamboo skewers
1. Combine soy sauce, water, cayenne, peanut butter, garlic, ginger, and lemon or lime juice in a bowl.
2. Cut lamb into thin strips, and marinate for 2-3 hours. (It’s easier to cut thin strips of lamb that are frozen and haven’t completely thawed.)
3. Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 20 minutes. Thread the lamb strips on the skewers. Put a strip of foil along the edge of the grill to protect the ends of the skewers. Grill 1-2 minutes on each side.
Variation: Marinate a boneless shoulder roast overnight, and grill to rare or medium-rare. Slice thinly.